Wednesday, February 11, 2009

and she shall have a wand for her crown



So I decided that now that heat has disappeared, to make wands for the crowns - also to cheer us all up a bit, from the sadness in Australia. I defy anyone not to smile when working with glitter,bells, ribbons and pretty pretty paper. So here is an other wee tutorial as to how I made them. You could use fabric (my original idea) instead of paper - but it was agreed by all that the paper was very very very pretty

The older the helpers the less you would have to do - mine were able to handle the painting and glitter.

I wanted to make some that were not so very girly and that would tie in nicely with the woodland theme.


Tools
Blank wands - most craft stores
Paper reasonably thick - I looked in scrap book section of the craft store and found these
MODGE PODGE - other then baking paper the best thing in my craft room
Glue
Paint
Ribbon
Bells
Glitter
Brushes
Stanley knife



So gather supplies



I then used glue to strengthen the back as these were very cheap wands and as experience had demonstrated breakages and as I was adding bells and whistles I had a need for durability.


Paint the handle



modge podge the front



Stick front of modge podged wand to back of paper


Once dryish cut out around star shape


Apply an other layer of modge podge


Apply a bit of glitter at the same time - bear in mind this brush will have glitter stuck all through it (lucky for us glitter is very popular in the house)


Add ribbons and bells and store till the party day

2 comments: