Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lessons Learnt


So I have been taking sewing lessons at the ever wonderful PRINTS CHARMING - it is amazing to work in their studio space soooooo inspirational. Beverly, their teacher, as previously mentioned is incredible with the needle and thread, has guided me from an average sewer to becoming a more then confident sewer.

So after taking the quilting class, we then took, a what ever you want to make class. As the girls had a three week period where we could attend and receive guidance on a chosen project. I wanted to make a smock from a Japanese craft book. Kirsten & Cath, helped chose the linen from their amazing fabric supply- and Beverly showed me the rest.

Here are the key lessons learnt.

1. It is all about the cutting
2. It really is all about the cutting.
3. Just caused something looks good on paper does not mean it will look good on you.





It makes me look rather large and - whilst I am in constant battle weight loss, and yes I am rather large at the moment, this I felt makes me look rather huge. However, once I appliqué the flowers, Kirsten & Cath printed on to the base - and wash it - I am told it will soften greatly.

The overall PROCESS was fabulous and am looking forward to my next class at PRINTS CHARMING.

Perhaps I will wear my creation yet - after I lose a few more kilos

No comments:

Post a Comment