Tuesday, January 13, 2009

French twist

A wonderful man who was a fashion editor for a Sunday mag - had the good fortune to travel the world to various fashion capitals of the world. After providing him with a fine meal and wine - we talked of our mutual love of Marimekko and his upcoming trip to Finland. After recovering choking on my after dinner from the excitement of possible Marimekko fabric - I felt that enough food and wine had been provided to have the audacity to ask for fabric from Finland.
Well he came back with quite a lot of beautiful fabric.




The precious bundles sat and sat - tooooo precious for a dress for my 2 year now 3 year old - she has so many beautiful clothes. Wall art? I all already have three vintage Marimekko pieces in the kids room. So this book arrived one day and I finally had the courage to turn some of the precious fabric into a boho bag. I'm pleased with the outcome - I must say I read and re-read the instructions a gazillion times before making the first cut. The openings on the sides could be deeper but then would the contents escape?? Tis a fine line. Will definitely use the pattern again for an upcoming birthday present - makes a nice knitting bag.





If there had of been more of this fabric - i would have been tempted to make a skirt for myself

1 comment: