Thursday, January 22, 2009

impending parties






So we are fast approaching the 3 week period that 3 birthdays occur in our family - and birthdays are a big thing in my family - partly cause we are Dutch and partly cause that was our thang. So Anneke wants a princess party and Cam a pirate and mermaid party. These hair clips are for Anneke's party bag. I got the idea from this tutorial - I used quilting clips instead as there is a hole in the top part of the clip that you canthread through so as to secure the flower rather then using glue. I also gathered the bolttom layers with a small slip stitch to create a more ruffled effect. The tutorial also recommended 10 layers of cloth I used 5-7. Any who I think they turned out just fine.


Cam in his pirate outfit thank you HEMA . Cam is still devoted to all his pretty girly outfits and fuses them together, note the fairy wand - fierce pirate will travel with pink wand.



This sculpture was made from his beloved Santa presents MERMAIDS - he arranges and styles constantly - I just loved this one! The kid has an eye for aesthetics

No comments:

Post a Comment