Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Here a baby, there a baby every where a baby

So it seems in my circle of friends there is a small population explosion - and I promised in moments of weakness to stitch make and create for their precious bundles of joy



Above is a cheats quilt. I sewed linen to apple green flannel - turned inside out - top stitched every where then placed some carefully cut out (er hum nothing is careful with me) trees from Ikea fabric fredericka- a pink bird, some grass stitchin' and Voila'





Next I used this tutorial as guide and mentor to come up with these chenille lined burp cloths



An other hand stitched blanket or bunny rug



Next my labour of love - I used the bird pattern from the Betz White book and kinda of reshaped it a tad. Rather them stitching and turn out - I blanket stitched them completely for looks and embellished them with my own embroidery designs - but I must confess inspiration when I saw these. To create a mobile fit for a princess










No comments:

Post a Comment