Tuesday, March 3, 2009

HEMA



I miss Hema, a lot a real lot. This shop is my breakfast at Tiffany's, when ever I needed a lift I would wonder through my local Hema, just to look, feel and maybe have a koffie verkeerd in the Hema cafe.

Our return to oz - was difficult! But losing my favourite shop ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!. Anyways - my wonderful wonderful friend ( Anneke's godmother) and mum sent a huge parcel of HEMA goodies and this is what I got. IT arrived today!

I love them soooooooooo much and love feelin the hema love. Even the ironing board cover is from Hema - My house sort of smells like hema today. How wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. I think I would miss them the most too. (sorry mom and dad ;) MY children call the Hema: mama's winkel. Hoow did you end up in Oz?

    Mijk (improves.blogspot curently logged in on another google account)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did we end up in oz. my husband is Australian and fundamentally so am I. my mother raised & schooled us here - we were fortunate to have extended vacations with our opa and oma during this period. Sometime in my mid twenties she re emigrated resulting in my sister and i following her. I dragged my husband with me. And well, in 8 years we had created a beautiful life and two amazing children in leiden. We have a fabulous circle of friends and family there.

    However the pull for oz beckon my husband and right now we are here with his family. The first year was awful - we had all changed so much and well quite frankly we had become Dutch, my son and I suffered the most he missed his peuterspeel and OMA and I missed everything!!!!!!

    We return as often as we can and well life has found its rhythm and wonderagain. The best thing about this experience is we will always be open to change - who knows where we will be in 8 years ........ may be back in Leiden and shopping at my beloved hema.

    thank you for you lovely comment.

    ing

    ReplyDelete