Tuesday, March 3, 2009

SICK VOMIT SICK



straight after the party of the month - I came crashing down with somethin. Managed to go work on Monday and Tuesday ( I only work two days) and then collapsed. Then cameron started vomiting (he loves a good vomit story and is still talking about it) and then Anneke, so I read in bed, FOUR books to be precise - none other then the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer.

Yes the type is big and well spaced, yes the vocab is for teenage girls who learnt to speak English watching MTV, yes there are morman undertones - BUT I loved them - I was hooked - she got the whole teenage, angst, yearn thing down pat. Made me yearnful ( is that a word anyways!!!!!!!!!!) for youth, love, desire. Both edward and bella are at times disfunctional and stalker crazy, but dang if edward not is better then hot buttered toast.

I am now reading the stone diaries by carol shields and that is my adult antidote. It is FANTASTIC, all I can think is why has it taken me so long to read it????????

So whilst we have been besiged with the plague - my books have kept me boyount above the vomit and sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment