Sunday, March 22, 2009

MY FIRST BORN IS 5

How did this happen ? - he was born into the quivering arms of my husband - who whispered gently "anything you want you shall have" - he was then clothed by my mother who claimed never to have seen a baby so ready for the world. And when he returned to my breast I told him " I knew I loved you before I had even met you" and " I need to make you a friend"

He was a baby full of grace - he slept the night through from 5 weeks. I Look back at his Kraamtijd (nursing time) as one of shear love. He would wake at 6 in the morning for a feed and then we would sleep through to 10 in the morning - the sheets smelt sweetly of breast milk.

It was such a special indulgent time and I am very lucky I had this experience, no colic, no fussing - just able to enjoy that beautiful special time reserved for the first child. I can not believe he is no longer a baby.

A pirate party was our way to celebrate!!!

A great day had by all me hearties!


brother and sister


Thoughtful pirate cam


Cam and his pirate dad


victory at the tug of war



the cake



blood and daggers cupcakes



The party favours - shrinky dink zipper pulls and a peg doll



The party bag will post about them more later

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Ingrid. Amazing party - that cake looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The entire pirate party top to bottom is so fun! I agree with Michelle — the cake is wow!

    ReplyDelete