Tuesday, August 4, 2009

oh hail the mighty cupcake






For special events at work - I provide the catering . My speciality at the moment is cupcakes. For the latest function at my wonderbah work spectacular - I whipped up dark chocolate cakes with a pear puree shot in the centre - dressed with a vanilla bean butter cream icing. I had a some great advice from a friend and was well pleased with the results, more importantly our customers just loved them.

The recipe was inspired by this wonderful woman I did however change a few things. I tend to always use buttermilk when baking , I also as a rule add a pinch of cinnamon when using chocolate (I love the back notes of cinnamon so rich and earthy).

The result is - I have two more functions this month that require me to don the bakers hat and really it is such a pleasure - I can see them improving with every new batch.

Prue - I promise you can taste test the next batch!

1 comment: