Friday, August 28, 2009

A just because present



Are they not the best kind? I think so!!!!!!!!!! I made this stash of goodies and purchased this book for a very special young lady who has just started eating solids. Her mother and father are the godparents to our Cameron. If we had loads of cash and time - I would send a just because present to them every other week because:
  • They were the first friendship we made in the Netherlands independent of family or friends
  • We lived on top of one an other and heard each others laughter through the floor boards
  • We had great parties together.
  • They fell in love with Cameron immediately
  • Amanda taught Cameron the ice trick
  • They visited me every day when I was hospitalised for Anneke (it was a darn long time)
  • Amanda listen patiently to me when I was scared in hospital
  • Amanda threw the best ever hens night
  • Ton threw the best ever bucks night
  • Ton cried at our wedding
  • They just ROCK.
The Felt picture was made using this awesome tutorial - everything else I just winged. I am holding out for a cheap - green - quick - alternative to travelling to the other side of the planet. We just have to wait till next year - till we can meet this precious girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey this is a lovely blog and discovering it I just had to let you know that there is a quaint little place outside of Gympie [Queensland] called Fat Hen Creek. It makes me chuckle every time that I see the sign and thought you might like the connection to your blog. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yes, I'll be printing more mollybirds panels. Even toying with the idea of turning it into yardage.

    ReplyDelete