Monday, November 8, 2010

8. Everything You Want And Need Is Up To You To Make Happen

I asked my son this morning what he would like for dinner - after a weekend of imbibing junk food he thought long and hard and replied sausages with broccoli and peas and tomatoe  sauce - Exactly what he needs a healthy balanced meal he asked and it will happen.

I believe trust is the corner of all relationships and it occurred (thank you again Felicity for making me think) to me that trust in yourself is the most important relationship you could have. Trust in what you want and truly need - and then you can make it happen.

I struggle with this sometimes as in my 4. Explore, Play, Laugh, Enjoy post is this an indulgent western desire of mine.  So I trust that I can help those less fortunate us with more volunteer and charitable work.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Ing these words really resonate with me tonight after a very interesting afternoon exploring the thorny issue of trust [and the breaking of it] with a teenager!

    x Felicity

    PS Isn't it great when kids ask for the healthy food. I think we all really know what it is that we need, it's when our internal radar is off that we make the poor choices. x F

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the power and strength to you sister - teenagers and trust when you work it out pass it on for us mothers of upcoming teenagers - GOOOOOOOOD Luck xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete