Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NOW! vember

 I am participating!!! Thank you Felicity what a wonderful way to rejoin blogging after such a long hiatus so the statement 2. Follow Your Passion It Knows Where You Should Go.

Interesting cause I too had to muse over this for quite sometime - really cause we probably ignore passion at times and proceed in the direction we think ought to. You know proceeding into law when you really want to be a circus clown - entering a relationship with completely the wring person.

In fact the traditionally least "passionate" of my youthful affairs resulted in my now 13 year partnership - who is the love of my life and has given me the loves of my life. Passion is not how I would have described our initial courtship - however I am so very passionate about my family and probably did indeed follow my passion - for boy did it know where to go.
However on the subject of career I am jack of all trades master of none - it could be argued I have never followed my true passion never listened and let it take me it should go - but economics and adventure has often gotten in the way of perhaps being dedicated to a one true passion - but then upon reflection I simply do not have one true passion other then family and friends, I have dabbled in everything from alternative medicine, nursing, advertising to rock and roll.  At one stage I was set to pursue my passion in broadcasting..............

So with reflection,hindsight and age, I realise that so what and I am passionate about that.Keep trying, and as Felicity so eloquently wrote be creative along the way. As my mother has always said "life has a funny habit of working itself out"- kind sums up the statement follow your passion and life will work itself out. But don't get stressed about being defined by one thing let your creativity fall where it may in the mean time.
So in a long winded diatribe don't ignore passion (forget those traditional images of Hollywood passion) but don't dwell on it either just follow the fun ol' path of life and enjoy!

Meanwhile here are photo's of my path here and now.

Just a wee post script I have decided passion can also be small and numerous like my passion for good coffee and wonderful food to name a few........... but the accumulation of these can send you on a journey

2 comments:

  1. You gave me goose bumps all the way through this post.
    I think you are so right when you say that perhaps we have a Hollywood notion of what passion is when really it's often the simple things that not only capture our passion [often without us realising it] but keep it burning strong.

    Hugs to you, special one,

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes its great just to enjoy the journey. I think if I sat back and thought about all the things that I was 'passionate' about in the past I would need a bloody strong drink and a zoloft. Once I was going to be a fantastic writer. Now I find joy in writing funny emails or updating my blog. Ahh but the journey to get from where I was to where I am? An adventure of the smallest moments.

    ReplyDelete